updated 31 Aug 2015
updated 16 Aug 2015
1. All teams shall abide by these rules and regulations and any matters not covered for, in these rules and regulations shall be at the discretion of the Organizers whose decision shall be final and no correspondences shall be entertained. This is a non FIDE-Rated tournament.
2. Playing Venue: The Serangoon CC, Serangoon North Ave 2, Singapore 555877
3. Dates / Category:
|5 Sep 2015 (Sat)
1.30 pm - 8 pm
|Rapids (Round 1-4)||(1) Open U10
|6 Sep 2015 (Sun)
9 am -12.30 pm
2 pm to 6 pm
Blitz (Round 1-11)
a) Only players born after 2005 may take part in the U-10 Category. Any team whom has a player born before 2005 will play in the Open category.
b) The organizers reserve the right to combine sections with less than 8 teams; changes the time control or number of rounds, and number of qualifying teams depending on number of teams in each section.
c) A player can play for one team per day.
4. Closing Date: Monday, 31 August 2015 by 6 pm. Late registrations will not be accepted.
|05 Sep||1.45 pm||Team Captain to report to Chief Arbiters (Team Rapids)|
|05 Sep||2 pm - 7.15 pm approx||Rapids 1-4|
|06 Sep||8.45 am||Captain to report to Chief Arbiters (Team Blitz)|
|06 Sep||12.30 pm - 1.30 pm||Lunch (Not Provided)|
|06 Sep||2.00 pm - 6.00 pm||Rapids Round 5-7|
|6.15 pm - 7.15 pm||Prize Giving|
6. Team Composition and Board Order
A team may consist up to 5 (4 + 1 substitute) players. The team shall be listed in a fixed order before the 1st Round begins. Substitute player always play the last board. For each wrong playing in the team, a default of 1 point shall be awarded to the opposing team.
7. The Rapids Team Challenge shall be played under the FIDE Laws of Chess. Each player shall be given 25 minutes to complete a Rapid game. Each Match shall be contested over 4 boards (games). All teams are required to complete all rounds.
8. The Blitz Team Challenge shall be played under the FIDE Laws of Chess. Each player shall be given 5 minutes to complete a Blitz game. Each Match shall be contested over 4 boards (games). All teams are required to complete all rounds.
9. The first named team in each pairing shall have White on the odd-numbered boards and Black on the even-numbered boards.
10. A player must keep a proper record of their games, failing which shall have no right of claim in the case of a dispute.
11. Upon the completion of a match, both Captains shall submit the duly signed Results Sheets to the Arbiter in charge. Where there is a walkover, this shall be indicated on the Result Sheet. All results on the Results Sheets shall stand and cannot be changed once it is submitted to the Arbiter/s in charge of the section.
12. FIDE ZERO START rule shall apply. A team conceding a walkover shall not be paired for the next round and the Arbiter must be consulted before the team can be reinstated for subsequent rounds.
13. Scoring is marked by a 1 point for a won game, ½ for draw and 0 for a loss. The team receiving a BYE shall be awarded 2 Game Points. The team with the highest number of Game Points shall be declared the winner. In the case of a tie, it shall be resolved by (a) Match Points ; (b) sum of the Game Points of all the team's opponent; (c) result between the teams involved.
14. Prizes shall be awarded according to the following :
Top Open Teams will win the Serangoon Challenge Trophy.
Top U-10 Team will win the David Tay's Challenge Trophy. Other attractive Prizes are as follows:
|Category||Prize Category||Brief Description|
|Top 3 Team||Top 3 Aggregate Team Score|
|Best Young Boys||Awardd to Best all-Boys' Team|
|Best Young Girls||Awarded to Best all-Girls' Team|
|Top 3 School Teams||Awarded to Team Representing their schools|
|Best Family Team||Awarded to team of family members only|
|Best Racial Harmony Team||Awarded to team who have at least 2 different SG races in the Team|
|Top U-8 Boys||Top U-8 Boys with best aggregate scores|
|Top U-8 Girls||Top U-8 Girls with best aggregate scores|
|Top U-8 Mixed||Top U-8 Mixed with best aggregate scores|
|Best Serangoon / North East Residents' Team||Awarded to team which all members are residents from Serangoon / North East|
|Open||Top 3 Teams||Top 3 aggregate scores|
|Top 3 School Teams||Awarded to teams formed by students from the same school|
|Best Corporate Team||Awarded to teams representing a business/NPO, etc.|
|Best Male Team||Awarded to the best Male Team with the highest aggregate score|
|Best Women Team||Awarded to the best Female Team with the highest aggregate score|
|Best Family Team||Awarded to best family team|
|Best Racial Harmony Team||Award to teams which have at least 2 different SG races in the Team|
|Best Foreigner-Singaporean Integrated Team||Awarded to the best team whom are represented by at least 2 foreigners|
|Best Serangoon / North East Residents' Team||Awarded to a team which all members are Serangoon / North East Residents|
|Blitz||Top 5 Team||Top 5 Aggregate Team scores|
15. NTUC Vouchers will be awarded to the Top 5 teams in the U10 category (Rapids):
1st - $160; 2nd - $120; 3rd - $100; 4th - $80; 5th - $40.
16. Cash prizes will be awarded to the Top 3 teams in the Open category (Rapids):
1st - $500; 2nd - $300; 3rd – 200.
17. Any dispute arising from the game shall be referred to the Section Arbiter or Chief Arbiter. An appeal to the Appeals Committee must be lodged in writing within 15 minutes of completion of the relevant playing session. The appeal must be accompanied by a deposit of $50 which will be forfeited if the appeal is rejected, or returned if the appeal is upheld. The ruling of the Appeals Committee shall be final. No appeals shall be accepted if the conditions above are not met.
18. Any player found prompting would be disqualified from the tournament and no replacement shall be allowed.
19. On the completion of a game, players must leave the Playing Area, except for the Team Captain who has the responsibility of supervising his/her team.
20. No analysis of games or friendly games are allowed in the Playing Hall.
21. The use of mobile phones or electronic devices in prohibited in the Playing Hall. Any ring or sound arising from such devices belonging to the player during the game shall be an immediate loss without appeal.
22. Pairings and Team Lists shall be posted on the SCF website: www.singaporechess.org.sg.