The tournament is organized by the Singapore Chess Federation (SCF).
2. Playing Venue
Singapore Chess Federation, 51 Bishan Street 13 #02-01A SIGC Singapore 579799.
- Open Category – FIDE rating 2000 (Standard) and above.
- Women’s Category – Female players with a FIDE rating 1400 (Standard) and above.
- Open to Singaporeans, and Singapore PRs under SGP Federation only.
- SCF Reserves all right to Accept or Reject entries without assigning any reasons.
4. Tournament Format
- FIDE’s Laws of Chess shall apply.
- The tournament shall be conducted in the Swiss System of 9 rounds, using the Swiss Manager Program.
- Rate of play shall be 90 minutes with 30 seconds increment from move one.
- For up to 6 players, tournament shall be played in Double Round-Robin.
- For 7 to 12 players, tournament shall be played in Single Round-Robin.
- Recording is compulsory.
- The default time is 30 minutes from the start of the round.
- The Technical Meeting shall be held on 26th December 2019, Thursday 7 pm at SCF (51 Bishan Street 13, #02-01A SIGC Singapore 579799).
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend the schedule in the case of unforeseen circumstances, and subject to the number of entries in each category.
| 26 Dec
|| Technical Meeting
| 31 Dec
|| Round 1
| 01 Jan
|| Round 2
| 04 Jan
|| Round 3
| 05 Jan
|| Round 4
| 05 Jan
|| Round 5
| 11 Jan
|| Round 6
| 12 Jan
|| Round 7
| 18 Jan
|| Round 8
| 19 Jan
|| Round 9 & Prize Presentation
6. Appeals Committee
- SCF shall appoint 3 members to form the Appeals Committee.
- An appeal shall be made in writing within 15 minutes of the completion of the relevant playing session, accompanied by an appeal fee of S$100.
- Fees shall be refunded if the appeal is upheld, and forfeited if appeal is deemed unsuccessful.
- The ruling of the Appeals Committee is FINAL and NO further correspondence shall be entertained.
7. Ranking and Tie Break
- The final ranking is determined by the total number of points scored.
- In the case of a tie, the following order of tie breaks shall be used:
- Direct Encounter
- Buchholz Cut 1
- Greater number of wins
- Sonnenborn Berger
8.1 Open Category – Trophies to Top 10 players.
- Top player of the Open category shall be awarded the National Champion title.
- Cash Prizes
- 1st S$ 2,500 6th $500
- 2nd S$ 1,500 7th $300
- 3rd S$ 1,000 8th $300
- 4th S$ 800 9th $300
- 5th S$ 500 10th $300
8.2 Women’s Category – Trophies to Top 10 players.
- Top player of the Women’s category shall be awarded the National Women Champion title.
- Cash Prizes
- 1st S$ 1,000
- 2nd S$ 500
- 3rd S$ 400
- 4th S$ 50
- 5th S$ 50
9. Entry Fees
- The entry fee shall be S$150.
- The closing date for registration is 10th December 2019 (Monday).
- Withdrawals shall not be refunded
10.1 By Hand or by Post:
- Singapore Chess Federation
- 51 Bishan Street 13
- #02-01A SIGC (Bishan CC)
- Singapore 579799
10.2 Entry Fees are to be made via Cash, or Cheque (made payable to ‘Singapore Chess Federation’).
11. Additional Regulations
- Players are only allowed to analyse their game in the Game Analysis corner.
- Players are expected to be smartly attired and maintain acceptable standards of behaviour.
- Players are assumed to have read the Tournament Rules & Regulations and are obliged to obey them and adhere to the instructions put forward by the Organizers/Arbiters, otherwise, they may be asked to leave the tournament hall.
- Players are not allowed to bring mobile phones or other electronic devices to the tournament hall, any violation shall result in a Loss of Game.
- All players and audiences in the tournament hall are to adhere to the rules put forward by the arbiters/organizers. Otherwise, they may be asked to leave the tournament hall.