All registrations and enquries are to be directed to Queenstown CC Chess Club.
1. The Championship shall be played according to the FIDE Laws of Chess and the 25-minute Rapid Chess Rules.
2. Only members of the Queenstown CC Chess Club can participate upon payment of entry fees of $20.00. Cheque shall be made payable to "Queenstown CC Management Committee".
Membership fees: Adult 1 year $20; 3 years $50; U-20 1 year $10; 3 years $25
3. The Championship shall be conducted on the Swiss System of 7 rounds on Sunday 26 June 2016.
4. Venue: Queenstown CC Hall, 365 Commonwealth Avenue, S'pore 149732
5. Schedule of Play:
|Round 1||9.00 am - 9.50 am|
|Round 2||10.00 am - 10.50 am|
|Round 3||11.00 am - 11.50 am|
|Round 4||1.00 pm - 1.50 pm|
|Round 5||2.00 pm - 2.50 pm|
|Round 6||3.00 pm - 3.50 pm|
|Round 7||4.00 pm - 4.50 pm|
|Prize Giving||5.15 pm|
6. Each player shall be given 25 minutes to complete the game.
7. Entries must reach the organisers by 5.00 p.m. on 12/6/2016. Limited to 1st 200 entries. Late entries will not be accepted. Entries sent through internet will not be accepted. Confirmed entries shall be posted on QCC Chess Club website: www.wix.com/warrior0904/Queenstown-cc-chess or http: tinyurl.com/qcc-chess
8. There will be no sharing of cash prizes. In the event of a tie, the tie-break shall be as follows: a) Solkoff b) Sonne-Berger (SB) c) Progressive score d) Individual results e) Higher number of won games f) Toss of coin
9. In case of a dispute, the Chief Arbiter's decision shall be final.
1st $150 + trophy + "Ng Woon Song Challenge Trophy"
2nd $100 + trophy
3rd $75 + trophy
4th-8th $40 each
Incentive Prize: (U-8; U-10; U-12; U-14; U-16; Girls) – 5 trophies for each section NB. Please note that each contestant is only allowed to win one prize only.
11. The Championship may be used to select players to represent Queenstown CC Chess Club in the National Inter-Club Team Tournament 2016.