All registrations and enquires are to be directed to Thomson Community Club.
1. The tournament is organized by the Thomson CCMC and the games shall be played according to the FIDE Laws of Chess for Rapid Chess (G/25). Players may choose to play in the SENIORS (no age limit) or JUNIORS (Aged 12 and below) section.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This tournament is open to members only. Players joining as members of the Chess Club and are entitled 1 year membership with immediate effect ending 31st December 2015.
3. VENUE: Thomson Community Club Hall, 194 Upper Thomson Road Singapore 574339
4. PAIRING: Swiss System of 7 Rounds, time control 25 minutes each side to finish.
5. SCHEDULE: 25th January Sunday 10.00 am to 5.50 pm . Please report by 9.30am. Walkover time for Round 1 is 25 minutes. Prize Giving Ceremony at 6.30pm.
6. PRIZES: A minimum of 5 prizes shall be given for each section. Tie breaks will resolve the placing of each prize winner. Merit prizes may be added if number of entries exceed 60.
7. ENTRY FEE: Membership fee upon signup as Chess Club member. Membership is complete only if you possess a valid PAssion Ezlink Card. PAssion Ezlink Card membership: for those aged 18 to below 60 is at $12 for 5 years. Those aged below 18 or are 60 and above pay $10 for 5 years membership.
8. CLOSING DATE: There will be a limit of 100 first-paid membership received. All players are to be register their membership by , January 21st Wednesday 10pm.
9. TIE BREAK: The System of Tie Break shall be announced before the start of the Tournament. The Tournament Director's decision on matters on the tournament shall be FINAL.
10. The Organising Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any entry without assigning a reason. Rejected entries shall be fully refunded.
For drivers, free parking is available Sunday at Shunfu Blk 309-314 at the back of the CC. Enter via Shunfu Road along Marymount Road.