All registrations and enquries are to be directed to Queenstown CC Chess Club.
Download Registration Form
- The Championship shall be played according to the FIDE Laws of Chess and the 25-minute Rapid Chess Rules.
- Only members of the Queenstown CC Chess Club can participate upon payment of entry fees of $20.00(for adults) and $15.00(for U-20). All cheque shall be made payable to "Queenstown CC Management Committee".
Membership fees: Adult- 1 year $20; 3 year $50 U-20- 1 year $10; 3 year $25
- The Championship shall be conducted on the Swiss System of 7 rounds on Sunday 13th July 2014.
- Venue: Queenstown CC Hall, 365 Commonwealth Avenue, S'pore 149732
- Schedule of Play:
||9.00 am to 9.50 am
||10.00 am to 10.50 am
||11.00 am to 11.50 am
||12.00 pm to 1.00 pm
||1.00 pm to 1.50 pm
||2.00 pm to 2.50 pm
||3.00 pm to 3.50 pm
||4.00 pm to 4.50 pm
- Each player shall be given 25 minutes to complete the game.
- Entries must reach the organisers by 5.00 p.m. on 29/6/2014.
Late entries will not be accepted.(including entries by fax, e-mail & internet)
- Confirmed entries shall be posted on QCC Chess Club website.
- There will be no sharing of cash prizes.
In the event of a tie, the tie-break shall be as follows:
c) Progressive Score(PS)
d) Individual results
e) Higher number of won game
f) Toss of coin
- In case of disputes, the Chief Arbiter's decision shall be final.
1st Prize $100.00 + trophy + "Jimmy Ng Challenge Trophy"
2nd Prize $ 75.00 + trophy
3rd Prize $ 50.00 + trophy
4th-8th Prize $ 30.00 each
Incentive Prize:( U-8; U-10; U-12; U-14; U-16; Girls) - 5 trophies for each section
NB Please note that each participant is allowed to win one prize only.
- The Championship may be used as a basis for selection of players to represent Queenstown CC Chess Club in the National Inter-Club Team Tournament 2014.