All registrations & enquiries are to be directed to Queenstown CC Chess Club.
1. The Championship shall be played according to the FIDE Laws of Chess and the 25-minute Rapid Chess Rules.
2. There are 3 sections: Primary, Secondary & Kindergarten/Nursery Pupils in Primary Schools & Kindergarten/Nursery can play in either the Primary or Secondary Section. Pupils in Secondary Schools can only play in the Secondary Section.
Entry fees: $15.00.( for all sections). All cheque shall be made payable to ”Queenstown CC Management Committee”.
3. The Championship shall be conducted on the Swiss System of 7 rounds on Sunday 13 April 2014.
4. Venue: Queenstown CC Hall, 365 Commonwealth Avenue, S’pore 149732
5. Schedule of Play:
|Round 1||9.00 am - 9.50 am|
|Round 2||10.05 am - 10.55 am|
|Round 3||11.10 am - 12.00 pm|
|Round 4||12.45 pm - 1.35 pm|
|Round 5||1.50 pm - 2.40 pm|
|Round 6||2.55 pm - 3.45 pm|
|Round 7||4.00 pm - 4.50 pm|
|Prize Giving||5.15 pm|
6. Each player shall be given 25 minutes to complete the game.
7. Entries must reach the organisers by 5.00 p.m. on 30/3/2014. Limited to 1st 200 entries. Late entries will not be accepted. Entries sent through internet will not be accepted. Confirmed entries shall be posted on QCC Chess Club website.
8. There will be no sharing of cash prizes. In the event of a tie, the tie-break shall be as follows: a) Solkoff b) Sonne-Berger (SB) c) Progressive score d) Individual results e) Higher number of won games f) Toss of coin.