All registrations and enquiries are to be directed to Queenstown CC Chess Club.
1. The Championship will be organised and played according to the FIDE Laws of Chess and the FIDE Rules for 60-minute chess.
2. The schedule for the Championship is as follows:
|29 August 2015
|Round 1||9.00 am to 11.00 am|
|Round 2||11.30 am to 1.30 pm|
|Round 3||2.30 pm to 4.30 pm|
30 Aug 2015
|Round 4||9.00 am to 11.00 am|
|Round 5||11.30 am to 1.30 pm|
|Round 6||2.30 pm to 4.30 pm|
|Round 7||5.00 pm to 7.00 pm|
|Prize Giving||7.30 pm to 8.00 pm|
3. System: Swiss System of 7 rounds.
4. Venue: Queenstown Community Centre.
5. Entry fees: $30.00 (Adults); $20.00 (U-20)
(Please note that entry fees will not be refunded for withdrawn entries)
(Entries sent through the internet will not be accepted)
All cheques should be made payable to "Queenstown CC Management Committee" and mail to 365 Commonwealth Avenue, Singapore 149732.
6. Format: The tournament will be divided into 3 sections:
Open Section: Open to all participants.
Novice Section: Open only to participants with no FIDE rating.
Veteran Section: Open only to participants 50 years and above on 1.1.2015 (Minimum of 8 entries)
7. Prizes: The first prize for the Open Section is $500.00, $200.00 for the Novice Section and $150.00 for the Veteran Section. All other prizes will be announced during the tournament.
8. Closing Date:16 August 2015 at 5.00pm. Late entries (including entries by fax, e-mail and internet) will not be accepted. Confirmed entries shall be posted on the QCC Chess Club website: www.wix.com/warrior0904/Queenstown-cc-chess or http://tinyurl.com/qcc-chess. Limited to 1st 200 entries.
9. Tie Break:
a) Solkoff (WP)
b) Sonne-Berger (SB)
c) Progressive score (PS)
e) Higher number of won games
d) Individual results
f) Toss of coin